Job ID: #129
Center Name: Milton Community Resource Centre
Occasionally, licensed school age programs need additional support to fully include a child or group of children who have been identified as having differing abilities over and above typical classroom needs. The Enhanced Support role is not intended to provide a 1:1 worker for an individual child but rather, they will work alongside the Before and After School Educators with all children in the classroom.
- Be culturally sensitive and endeavor to remove all barriers which prevent acceptance and accessibility for children in the classroom
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers, parents, support workers and community service providers working with children
- Provide total personal care such as toileting, diaper changes, feeding as required
- Create and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
- Utilize an emergent curriculum applying core concepts of a Reggio inspired and Asset Building philosophy.
- Utilize a variety of teaching techniques including modeling, active listening, observing, questioning, demonstrating and supporting
- Observe children for the purpose of creating learning opportunities that promote development within social, emotional, cognitive, language, sensory and physical domains.
- Create an atmosphere which builds upon individual learning styles, interests, and celebrates the cultural and ethnic diversity of the children and their families
- Maintain accurate daily record keeping of attendance sheets, daily log books, accident reports and illness reports, medical forms, administration of medication forms, emergency procedures and actions and display in classroom as appropriate
- Commit to raising quality care indicators through participating in the Quality First model.
- Maintain a healthy and safe adult working environment
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Social Service Worker, Child and Youth Worker, ECE Diploma , or other relevant diploma or degree
- ECE’s must be registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Experience working with children in JK to Grade 6 required
- At least two years’ experience working with children with behaviour difficulties and with children of differing abilities
- Experience working in a child care environment considered an asset
Accepting Applications Until: 4/30/2016