Job ID: #128
Salary: $16 - $20 an hour
Are you looking for an opportunity to enrich the lives of children everyday at work?
JAMaROO Kids was founded in 2004 by Jamaica Stevens. After working as a preschool teacher for 8 years locally and studying dance her entire life, she developed JAMaROO Kids. JAMaROO Kids provides quality developmentally appropriate enrichment programs and entertainment services for young children in local preschools, family daycare centers, grade schools, after-school programs, and recreational centers throughout the Bay Area and at our San Francisco Studio. Our students are between the ages of 1-7 years old with a majority between the ages of 2-4 years. Currently, we work with over 130 schools and continue to grow each year.
As we continue to expand, we are actively looking for energetic and passionate educators! We are currently hiring for full-time and part-time teaching positions as well as Program Director positions. Our teachers travel from school to school throughout the day in order to provide classes and work with some of the best schools in the Bay Area. Therefore, APPLICANTS MUST OWN A CAR and be willing to drive for the job.
We are looking for a teacher to teach Dance and Music classes primarily in the Peninsula 2-3 days a week. It is a plus if you are bilingual, have experience with arts & crafts and/or experience in teaching yoga to young children.
- Have a valid California Drivers License, a reliable car for work, and undergo a background check (e.g. fingerprint clearance)
- Have experience working with young children ages 2-5 years old and/or hold units in Early Childhood Education
- Be outgoing, friendly and enthusiastic about teaching
- Have experience in dance and music (formal and informal)
- Feel confident teaching in front of parents, teachers and school directors
- Be responsible, punctual, organized and flexible
- Wear JAMaROO Kids teaching apparel during teaching hours
- Be willing to make at least a 1 year commitment
- Be a team player and work well with others
- Must be willing to work some weekends (at least 1 Saturday or Sunday each month)
We offer paid training, competitive wages ($16-$20/hour DOE), and the opportunity to grow with JAMaROO Kids as we expand throughout the Bay Area. If you are interested, please email your resume with 3 references. Please be sure to include your experience working with young children under the age of six.
Visit us at www.jamarookids.com to learn more about our company!
- Experience with young children under the age of 6: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License and Reliable Vehicle
- Spanish (not required but a plus)