Job ID: #104
As an Infant Teacher, we are looking for committed individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families, while effectively working collaboratively with colleagues to develop and implement creative project-based activities in a supportive environment. Candidate must be innovative, creative, flexible and reliable who pride themselves on excellence; putting education and development of students first while promoting a positive learning environment.
We are an innovative project-based private school serving students from 6 weeks to 12 yrs old (Infants, Toddlers, Pre-School, Private Pre-K, Private Kindergarten, and Before/After school care).
You will be joining a team of educators who are passionate about preparing students for higher education through the use of project based, hands on learning. Our curriculum is inspired by the world-renowned Reggio Emilia (Italy curriculum), therefore knowledge and experience using that philosophy is a plus.
- Ensure curriculum and developmentally appropriate practices are in place in the classroom
- Co-create lessons with colleagues and students
- Differentiate instruction through creative activities
- Create a classroom environment that promotes critical thinking skills
- Assess through innovative methods such as, the use of anecdotal observations, finished products, photographs, and written dialogue
- Keep accurate attendance records
- Establish and maintain good communications with parents through weekly newsletters, regular emails, approved social networks and phone calls to students’ parents
- Implement school policies and procedures required to uphold school regulations
- DCF 45 hours and 1 year experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education
- Experience with curriculum development and implementation
- Early childhood education classroom experience
- Experience and/or knowledge with Reggio Emilia inspired philosophy
Job Type: Full-time
- 1 year