Job ID: #124
Position: 20-25 hours a week
Under the supervision of the Director/Grant Supervisor, the Preschool Assistant Director assists with the overall direction and management of the licensed childcare site. This includes the responsibility for site budget development and management; program development, hiring, supervision and evaluation of site staff; the safety and development of each child; and the overall administration of preschool programming.
- Develop age-appropriate, creative, innovative, and flexible programs, that reflect the mission and vision of the organization
- Organize a variety of stimulating, challenging, and age appropriate activities for children
- Implement program budgets
- Use program resources efficiently and ecologically.Enforce all safety and security guidelines
- Take a leadership role in providing safe conditions at the Preschool program
- Adhere to childcare licensing standards, policies, and procedures
- Assist in the management of financial assistance to qualifying members
- Responsible for assisting in the recruitment, hiring, training, screening, appreciation, and supervision of program staff and volunteers
- Facilitates communication and provides leadership
- Works with key staff to develop all YMCA staff
- Partner with the South County Preschool Director in supervising and evaluating preschool teachers
- Assists in filling all staff and volunteer vacancies
- Keep accurate daily records (Sign in, punch cards, payments, tracking records, etc.)
- Maintain financial and enrollment records in accordance within all policies, procedures and regulations
- Assist in the preparation of weekly staff schedules and weekly program schedules
- Oversee in partnership with the South County Preschool Director, the monthly parent newsletter.
- Assist in the purchase of food and supplies and preparation of snack menus
- Attend staff training and all staff meetings as required
- Other duties/projects as assigned by the CEO and Senior Director of Childcare.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BA or AA with 12 units of ECE and 2 years of supervised field experience or Child Development Site Supervisor Permit
- 12 of core ECE units include Child, Growth & Development; Child Family & Community; Program Curriculum
- Experience/ability to lead and communicate with groups of children ages 2 ½ to 5 years.
- Experience with team building and child development strategies
- Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, program development and fundraising.
- Prefer knowledge of and previous experience with diverse populations
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community based organizations.
- Y Team Leader or Multi-team/Branch Leader certification preferred.
- Good organizational skills, initiative, and a proactive attitude.
- Good verbal communication skills. Able to communicate effectively
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Live scan clearance.
- CPR/AED, and First Aid.
- Physician screening and current TB Test. (Certifications need to remain current during employment.)
Job Type: Part-time
- field experience: 1 year