Job ID: #119
Occupation: Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or Primary Education from an approved accredited educational institution; or in Elementary
- Education with 36 hours of college course work in child development or early childhood education; or
- Bachelor’s Degree from an approved accredited educational institution with major area of study related to content area assignment.
- Minimum of three years successful experience in a child development or human services program working with disadvantaged students and/or families.
- Experience providing staff training and technical assistance and support, preferred
- Valid Florida Driver’s License.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to coordinate Head Start activities, implement program objectives and monitor compliance with Federal Head Start regulations. Ability to interact with students and adults from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and socio-economic levels. Ability to oversee and monitor day to day operations of an effective high quality early childhood education program or content area. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with parents, staff, community partners, and Regional and National Head Start staff. Skill in use of computer applications.
- Specialist -- Preschool
To plan, coordinate and monitor Head Start/VPK services, assist the staff in the implementation of the content area performance standards, and provide ongoing guidance, training and evaluation of program objectives.
- Coordinate program services in the area of assignment (Child Development, Social/Emotional, Disabilities, Health/Nutrition/ Family & Community Partnership).
- Serve as a member of the management team with other coordinators and content area staff.
- Implement appropriate content area policies and procedures for preschool age children and their families.
- Conduct screenings, ongoing assessments of preschool age children; develop family health and nutrition plans; track, analyze and monitor data to address individual and group concerns.
- Conduct and support program-wide recruitment and placement activities.
- Provide training and technical assistance for Head Start/VPK content area staff.
- Monitor specific assigned program areas for compliance with federal and state standards, including home visits and parent conferences.
- Provide support for staff in implementing local, state and federal initiatives.
- Attend local, state, regional, and national training conferences.
- Assist and participate in required activities and program-wide special events, including those held during evening or weekends.
- Coordinate, plan, and/or conduct staff/parent training and educational activities in compliance with performance standards.
- Promote parent and community involvement in all aspects of the program.
- Maintain daily vehicle logs.
- Develop and maintain a system of accountability for federal and state supplies, equipment and materials.
- Serve on school/district committees as required or appropriate.
- Adhere to applicable safety standards.
- Attend all staff meetings and workshops.
- Assist with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to Board policies and departmental procedures.
- Communicate effectively with the public, staff members, students, parents, administrators and other contact persons using tact and good judgment.
- Demonstrate initiative in identifying potential problems or opportunities for improvement.
- Keep supervisor informed of potential problems or unusual events.
- Demonstrate initiative in the performance of assigned responsibilities.
- Demonstrate support for the school district and its goals and priorities.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills to work as an effective team member.
- Follow attendance, punctuality and proper dress rules.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding school/workplace matters.
- Maintain expertise in assigned area.
- Manage time efficiently.
- Model and maintain high ethical standards.
- Participate successfully in the training programs offered to increase skill and proficiency related to assignment.
- Participate in cross-training activities as required.
- Prepare all required reports and maintain updated and accurate records.
- Represent the District in a positive and professional manner.
- Respond to inquiries and concerns in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.