Job ID: #92
Position: Full-time - 35 hours/week
Start Date: February 29th, 2016
Nature & Scope:
Under the direction of the center’s Senior Early Childhood Educator, the Infant/Toddler Early Childhood Educator will work directly within the early childhood program providing care and creative programming for infant and/or toddlers in a group setting.
- To read, understand and follow all YMCA, Child Care Facility Licensing (CCFL) and legal requirements, including YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum standards
- To interact directly with the children, providing quality care and creative programming
- To assist with the planning and implementing of a consistent child centered program, in accordance with YMCA standards
- To establish and maintain positive daily communication and interaction with families, providing quality customer service and building meaningful relationships
- To maintain a neat, orderly, and clean environment, including all activity and program areas, common spaces, and washrooms
- To ensure that all safety and supervision standards are implemented and maintained according to licensing and YMCA requirements
- To release children only to those authorized by parent/guardian, to ask for identification in order to ensure that the authorized pick up has been verified
- To work with staff team to deliver a high quality and age appropriate programs based on the YMCA
- Playing to Learn curriculum and to attend all YMCA Playing to Learn professional development sessions and other training, as scheduled
- To maintain confidentiality of all information related to the center, the children, their families, and staff
- To maintain regular attendance, punctuality and to be appropriately dressed and well groomed
- Early Childhood Educator License to Practice required
- Infant/Toddler Educator License to Practice an asset
- Current First Aid certificate
- One to three years of supervisory experience
- High level of organizational and customer service skills
- Infant/Toddler and/or Special Needs License to Practice an asset
- Diplomas, certificates or other evidence of training related to child growth/development
- Experience working with children in a child care/recreational setting
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference
- Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date
- Statement from a medical practitioner indicating adequate physical and psychological capability to work with children and carry out assigned duties
- Commitment to Organization and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, outcomes and values of the YMCA.
- Leadership: Motivates and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes.
- Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner.
- Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to improve programs and service.
- Team Work: The ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal results.
- Product Knowledge: Thorough understanding of the components required in providing quality care
Please apply by completing both of the following steps:
Complete online application using the following link:
Complete online questionnaire using the following link:
Application deadline: February 19th, 2016