We are a not-for-profit, community organization, providing high quality early learning and child care, for children up to 12 years of age. We operate in more than 210 schools providing before school, lunch, and after school programs and 22 full-day early learning and child care centres. Our school age programs provide recreational based before & after school care for children 4 to 12 years of age. We are recruiting in Peel & Toronto.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining a safe, warm and caring environment in which a high quality child care program can operate.
- Plans, develops and implements programs of stimulating activities for school age children, including arts, crafts, games and special events which promote physical, social, emotional and intellectual well-being.
- Program Hours will be for 2.5 – 5 hours per day from September to June.
- Staff are required to attend meetings and training sessions during the day.
- A minimum of two years recent experience working with groups of school aged children
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- A valid Vulnerable Sector Criminal reference Check, dated within the last six months
- A valid Standard First Aid, with level C CPR
- Proven leadership abilities
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Flexible and energetic approach to work
- Positive and sensitive attitude towards children and staff
- Physically able to participate with children in the gym and outdoors and set up program equipment
- Daily access to a vehicle and a valid Driver’s License may be required
- Basic ability to use technology (including smart phones, computers, tablets)
- RECE, Child and Youth Worker Diploma or Certified Teacher an asset
- Minimum of 18 years of age
A resume and cover letter will be required when applying for this position. Please quote reference: PR121-SACHM.
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNTIL: 6/30/2016