Job ID: #58
We are a not-for-profit, community organization, providing high quality early learning and child care, for children up to 12 years of age. We operate in more than 210 schools providing before school, lunch, and after school programs and 22 full-day early learning and child care centres. Our Extended Day Programs for children in full day kindergarten provide before and after school education and care. We are currently recruiting in Peel & Toronto.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining a safe, warm and caring environment in which a high quality child care program can operate.
- Plans, develops and implements programs of stimulating activities for kindergarten children, following the extended day curriculum set out by the Ministry of Education and our standards.
- Program Hours will be for 2.5 – 5 hours per day from September to June.
- Staff are required to attend meetings and training sessions during the day.
- Recent experience working with groups of preschool/kindergarten children
- Vulnerable Sector Criminal reference Check, dated within the last six months
- A valid Standard First Aid, with level C CPR
- Excellent written and verbal English Skills
- Knowledge of the HighScope curriculum an asset
- Proven leadership abilities
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Flexible and energetic approach to work
- Positive and sensitive attitude towards children and staff
- Physically able to participate with children in the gym and outdoors and set up program equipment
- Daily access to a vehicle and a valid Driver’s License may be required
- Basic ability to use technology (including smart phones, computers, tablets)
- Minimum of 18 years of age
A resume and cover letter will be required to apply for this position. Please quote reference: PR121- 45HM.
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNTIL: 6/30/2016