Job ID: #73
Kids U is an Accredited Early Childhood Learning Institute in Calgary, AB that is growing and continues to set the standard for excellence. We open collaboration to create a student-centered, inquiry based learning environment that cultivates enthusiastic and globally-minded individuals. We have an engaging working environment and have dedicated staff members to support you in your role as an educator. We are currently hiring for the position of an experienced Reggio inspired teacher to join our team at our McKnihgt location .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
- Encourage children through role modeling and guidance to respect themselves and others.
- Spark imagination, build self-esteem and encourage children to enrich their every day experiences using the environment as the third teacher
- Collaborate with management and classroom teams for planning and implementation of weekly lesson plans under the Reggio Emelia inspired framework
- Ensure that classroom practices meet Alberta Childcare Licensing and Accreditation Standards * Provide an educational, caring and safe environment
- Utilize effective communication and strong organizational skills * Provide leadership and coaching to the classroom team * Assist children with self care (ie. dressing/diapering)
- Early Childhood Degree/Diploma * At least 2 Years Experience working with Preschoolers in a Reggio inspired practice
- Alberta Childcare Certification Level 2 or higher (may be obtained upon hire)
- Current First Aid Certificate (may be obtained upon hire)
- Criminal Record /Vulnerable Sector Check, current within past 6 months (may be obtained upon hire)
Our facilities offer spacious classrooms lit with natural light, and natural playgrounds. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families apply now!
- Reggio Inspired Curriculum - Pre School: 1 year