Job ID: #72
Southside Mothers’ Day Out (SSMDO) is an accredited early learning center, providing high quality, family-centered care since 1976. Our program’s philosophy is based on the belief that children are naturally motivated to make sense of their world and the primary vehicle in their quest for knowledge is play. Children are active participants and have the freedom to experiment, discover, and learn independently in our supportive environment.
We are currently seeking a team member who is committed to being intentional, collaborative and reflective in their work; educators who are enthusiastic about on-going professional development and have a disposition towards inquiry.
- Develop curriculum that aligns with organizational goals, mission, vision and values
- Build relationships with children through respectful and positive interactions
- Establish and maintain positive, collaborative and effective team relationships
- Demonstrate a willingness to try new things by considering a new perspective, philosophy, or idea inside a professional learning community
- Maintain confidentiality of child, family and organization information
- Demonstrate an understanding of the emerging trends within the child care field
- Experience working with children 19 months to 5 years
- Experience developing an experiential environment for children in collaboration with families
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Responsive to the dynamic needs of families
- Superior organizational and documentation skills
- Child Development Supervisor Certification (formerly Level 3)
- Current First Aid, Criminal Records Check and Child Intervention Check
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently
- Comfortable using technology including Microsoft Word and/or Pages, and Microsoft Excel.
The Early Childhood Educator position is a full time position (40 hours per week) with hours of work between 7:15am and 5:15pm, plus monthly evening team meetings and paid out of hours documentation time. SSMDO offers an exceptional team experience in a dynamic and creative work environment, with a higher than average salary as well as health benefits. If you love working with children and families, and feel you can meet the demands of this role, please respond to this ad with your cover letter, resume and references.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Local candidates only:
- Edmonton, AB
- Experience working with children 19 months to 5 years: 2 years